1. Picking out my athletic brace color. I had no idea that I was going to get to pick from so many options, so I turned into crazy mumble lady (as I sometimes do) and ended up snapping a pic to show my sister when the guy walked out. I think that metallic green was an excellent choice, but I find out today when I get fitted.
2. Hubs and I went to SPARKcon in downtown Raleigh. My favorite part was all the street art. Artists reserved squares of street to chalk on while the rest of us got to walk around and enjoy. I love this one, her art reminds me of georgia okeefe but with foods. Oh, and also she works at my school, so getting to hang out with her is fun too.
3. My most successful pad thai attempt to date. It's about time.
4. Yes, yes, the new update. All the rage. It's been a week and I pretty much have forgotten all the "old ways" and so now the excitement and newness is pretty gone. Deleting 1230498235 pictures in order to get the update was probably a good thing for me though.
5. And biscuits. Always a high point. I managed to get up and make those on a weekday, and that is seriously accomplishment my friends.
I'm sitting here eating buttered toast with an egg on top for breakfast. Before 6am. The egg is, seriously, perfectly cooked. It's blowing my mind. The fact that my husband can make a perfectly cooked egg is not only filling me with pride, but also awe. It's a testament to his patience, really. And here he is cooking it for me on a Friday morning, another testament. The five pictures above? They span two weeks. This month has been absolutely non-stop. Not in a complain-y way. In a mostly good way. I'm getting a lot accomplished at work, and we have a lot on our plates (more than just perfectly cooked eggs) on the weekends and in our free time and I mean plates full of awesome, delicious, and wholeful things. Not plates full of junk and weird pasta salad that you feel obligated to put on there during a picnic, only to realize it's kindof warm and all you can taste is a weird, sweet, carrot flavor. But, we made it to Friday my friends! Doesn't it feel great?
Linking up with LaurenElizabeth and Jeanette per usual. Want to follow me in real time? (And check out how the metallic green knee brace actually turns out today? Ha!) You can find me on twitter and instagram (lconnell10)